Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, July 23, 2012

TuTu Sweet: A no-sew tutu tutorial

Well well well, I did it again!  I finished up this tutorial on Moda Bake Shop and then they extended their kids series into July...so not that that matters to you but the date of my tutorial got pushed up and I forgot to post about it here!  I present my tutorial, TuTu Sweet!



So cute and scrappy right? I had those darling hedgehog leggings I got for super cheap at Gymboree and wanted to pair them with some fabulous color!  That's Kate Spain's new line Cuzco.  Looks like it will be available starting in October.  There are some really pretty prints in that line, I just pulled all the oranges/pinks/yellows but there are some awesome greens, purples and blues.  I definitely have plans for the rest of my jelly roll..and right now I'm thinking simple quilt! :)  You could also cut strips on the bias to get the same effect:  When you cut on the bias the fabric doesn't fray.




This skirt is super simple to make.  Elastic, fabric, pinking sheers and glue (or sew).  Great project for leftover jelly rolls or scraps.


Fun fun!  Can't wait for the tiny person to squeeze in there :)

Okay I can wait actually...she's a little easier to handle in than out I think...


Photobucket

5 comments:

CathyK said...

oh my goodness!! "TU" cute!!!!!

Elaine said...

I just joined your site. That is adorable. I can't wait for Tuesdays!

Cherie said...

Great tutorial! Such a cute idea =D

Ellie Q said...

The quilts are wonderful, but I love the owl pillow especially!

Kate D. Spain said...

adorable!! what a cute idea. love those little hedgehogs too :) xo