Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Fabric Tuesday Part 2

Welcome to Fabric Tuesday!

I hope you've come with some projects to share, but if not look around and see what you like!
On fabric Tuesday we share some project we have finished that uses fabric.

I finished the quilt top for my room!

It's a combination of traditional and modern piecing with modern fabrics and layout.

Thanks to my cute friend Ashlie for her beautiful home as a backdrop!

And a little close-up.


And even better, this afternoon I sent it off with our fabulous Aunt Wendy to be magically quilted.
Don't you all wish you had an aunt Wendy?!?
I will definitely be posting more when it's finished.

On to...
Fresh Poppy Design
edit: the button should now be working!
HOW TO PLAY

Link up a recent craft project that uses fabric.

Mention us in your post with either a link or make it easy and add the button to your blog sidebar and you won't have to remember each week.
It can be either our blog button (on the sidebar) or the Fabric Tuesday button, you pick!
Follow us, we follow back :) But please comment telling us you did so!

And, ya know, (head down to the ground, sliding my toes across the ground, small voice) I guess if you like my quilt top you could comment and tell me so... :)

Oh and comment on each other, that's so much more fun right??


Your link can be quilts, clothing, pillows, etc..  I thought I'd share a really cute and creative example of what your project can be too. ie, it doesn't have to be sewn


This is my friend Ashlie's wall, and she used all these different frames and cute fabrics.  I L-O-V-E it!

Your turn!

22 comments:

Béa said...

Flying Geese are one of my favorite blocks, so many layout possible.
And YES, I would definitively have an aunt Wendy to quilt my top....

Andi said...

Beautiful! I have a soft spot for all things turquoise and I love it wit the orange! And yes I would love to have an Aunt Wendy! :-)

Lisa said...

Love this quilt! I love the geese laid out this way, and your colours are superb. Thanks for sharing.

Sparky said...

I would love an Aunt Wendy who would hand quilt for me...not machine lol...and your quilt is exquisite. Your pattern is very nice indeed..blessings madame samm

Sarah Craig said...

Your quilt is gorgeous!!! I love this pattern and hope to have time to try it out sometime....

Cecily said...

That quilt top is really beautiful - I'll have to share it with my mom because she has this thing for flying geese - she's obsessed! :)

onlymehere said...

Love the quilt top! Yes, I wish I had a magical Wendy too bz it takes me about six months to get back quilt tops. I love the orange you used in it. Orange and peach are my favorite colors but it's so hard to find a good piece of orange around here. Love it!

Karey said...

Lucky for me, I have a magical Aunt Stephanie! :)
Love the colors and fabrics in your quilt top! Can't wait to see it finished!

Kristie said...

Very sweet quilt :-)

Thanks for Fabric Tuesday- I am in (and already a follower)

QuilterMary said...

VERY pretty - love the traditional blocks with modern fabrics!

Thanks for the "Fabric Tuesday" link.

Rebecca Merry said...

I love the funky geese layout! Very fresh and cute!

Diane Bohn said...

Thank you for the invite!! :) I do really love your quilt top too! It is beautiful! :) I can't wait to take a look around your blog and see what other fabulous things you have! :) I will definitely being following you! :)

Diane Bohn said...

I went to add your button to my sidebar, and the code is all weird. I scrolled down to a previous post and it was fine. But I just wanted to let you know. :)

Unknown said...

Your quilt top is beautiful!! Thanks so much for letting me know about your link up! I've edited my post to include you and I've linked up! Have a great day!

mamammelloves said...

I love your quilt top! So pretty! I am still afraid to try triangles, but I hope to be more confident in other shapes someday. :)

Me? A Mom? said...

i'm now a follower! But can't get the fabric tuesday button yo work. :(

SewSara said...

the quilt top (and back!!) is even cuter in person. why didn't you show the back?

i am so excited that fabric tuesday is a hit with all the bloggers ... this is fun!
xoxo

p.s. that's the longest 15 minutes ever. you haven't called me yet!

Dree said...

The quilt is beautiful! I am trying to plan a modern quilt with traditional fabrics, and am not sure it is going to work. I am glad yours did, it gives me hope!

Janet said...

I love your quilt. Great colours! (and I love that you show us a close up even though your points may not be totally perfect)

Unknown said...

I love the colors you chose for your quilt top! Fantastic!

Emily said...

Love your chocolate colored walls!!

John'aLee said...

I've posted the button, but I still can't link to the page by pushing the 'edit' button. Can you please help? Thanks!